Common Services Centers (CSC) were started by the government of India to provide e-governance services to its citizens in 2009. Since then till 2015, the government aimed to set up around 1 lakh (100K) CSC centers across India, which paved the for the Digital India Mission of GOI. After setting up the first Narendra Modi Government in 2014, the government launched CSC 2.0 to reach 2.5 lakh gram panchayats of India with one CSC each.
So, if you want to open a CSC center in your gram panchayat then lets read the step by step process of filling the online application form for a CSC center.
CSC Registration Process – Steps to Follow
We have put together a list of steps for CSC registration.
- First of all, you need to visit – csc.gov.in
- Navigate to CSC Registration link and click on it.
- Now you need to hit on Click here to Register in first VLE Registration Column.
- Now CSC registration page will open up; here, you need to put your mobile number and email id and submit it.
- Now enter name, dob, gender, and choose authentication type and fill Captcha Text and click on Submit button.
- Now a detailed eight stages form will open up; you need to fill all details like personal details, photo upload, location information with latitude and longitude, banking details followed by address details etc. After filling all details, read terms & conditions carefully.
- Check & Review all filled details and click on the Submit button. Now, you will get an Application Reference Number, which will be used for tracking application status. Save it for future usage.
- You will get an acknowledgment mail on your registered email id confirming that you have successfully filled the CSC registration form.
- Print application form copy received on mail and submit it to the office of CSC District Manager with self-attested copies of all documents used while filling the online application form.
The process of getting a CSC login id and password takes around 30-50 days because it goes under Review for verification purposes after filling the online application form.
CSC New Registration Update June 2020: New CSC registration application forms are not being accepted because the required number of common service centers are already running in India and it has reached its saturation point. We will let update you once applications are started again.
You May Also Like this – CSC Digital Seva Portal: All You Need to Know about Common Service Center
How to Track CSC Registration Application Form Status?
To begin with, the application status tracking process, make sure you have already applied on CSC Digital Seva, and you should have Application Reference Number. Follow the below-given steps to track application status.
- Click on the link to visit website – https://register.csc.gov.in/register/status
- Put Application Reference Number in space provided in the right side and fill the correct Captcha Text and Click on Submit button.
- Your CSC Registration Application Status will now be shown on your screen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about CSC Application
Q: How do I become a CSC portal?
You need to meet specific eligibility criteria, documents required, and computer & place requirements to become a CSC portal. If you want to apply, then follow the CSC registration process given above on this page.
Q: What is digital Seva CSC?
A: It is a unified digital portal to provide e-governance services to common citizens of India. They are especially living in rural and remote areas where there is less availability of internet & information technology. CSC’s now not only provide e-governance services but also offers non-government services like Ticket bookings for bus, air, train, mobile recharges, DTH recharges, micro banking, insurance, etc.
Q: How do I get my CSC ID and password?
A: Once you have filled online application for CSC, now you can check your application status by visiting. Enter your application reference number and submit. If your application is accepted, you will get 12 Digital CSC id.
Q: How can I get CSC ID in 2020?
A: You need to fill the online CSC registration online application form. Steps are given above on this page. Follow them and apply now.