CSC Digital Seva Portal was launched by the Government of India in 2009 with an objective to provide e-services to citizens in India, especially in rural and remote areas with minimal internet and computer access. Common Service Center (CSC) offers a one-stop solution for services related to e-governance & business services related to finance, social welfare schemes, education, jobs, utilities, etc.
Introduction to CSC Digital Seva Portal
- Official Name – Digital Seva Kendra
- Founded Date- 16th July 2009
- Services Offered – All G2C, B2B, B2C Services
- Founded by – CSC e-Governance Services India Limited
- Service Area – Pan India
- Head Office – Delhi, India
- Official Website – csc.gov.in
Initially, the government planned to establish 1 lakh (100K) CSC Digital Seva Kendra in India to provide services at an average of 6 villages with 1 CSC. All these CSC were distributed across india so that consumers can easily avail of services near their home. In other words, these Common Service Centers are vital drivers of e-governance services to ordinary people under the Digital India Programme.
CSC 2.0 – In 2015, the second phase was launched with an objective to setup 2.5 lakh (250K) CSC, one each at one gram panchayat to drive the Digital India campaign in a faster way.
Objectives of CSC Digital Seva Kendra
- Reach to 2.5 lakh Gram Panchayats in India
- Access to secure & right information to citizens.
- Single Place in villages to provide all essentials services
- Provide cost-effective & quality services to ordinary citizens
- Promotion of Government social & welfare Schemes
- Provide new jobs in rural areas & promote rural entrepreneurship
CSC Services: Digital Seva Portal Services
G2C Services (Government to Consumer)
Under this section, CSC offers several digital services on behalf of the government.
- Aadhar – Consumers can avail services like Aadhaar Demographic Update, Aadhaar Mobile Update, Best Finger Detection, Aadhaar eKYC PVC Print
- Pan Card
- Election Services – To enhance electoral system in the country, citizens can register themselves in election system.
- E-District Services – Birth & Death Certificates
- Rural Banking Services
- Insurance Services – Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, Life Insurance, Personal Accident Cover
- Ration Card Services
- Life Certificate
- Electricity Bill Payment
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- NIELT Services
B2C Services (Business to Consumer)
Consumers can avail of services offered by businesses under this section.
- Ticket Booking – Bus Tickets, Train Tickets, Air Flight Tickets,
- Mobile & DTH Recharge
- Training Courses
- Digital Unnati
- Banking Course
- English Course
- CAD Registration
- Animation Course
- Entertainment Services (Movies, Television)
B2B Services (Business to Business)
CSC serves as an intermediate point between businesses when it comes to working between business entities. They can do help in Market Research, Village level BPO.
Common Service Center (CSC) Requirements for Registration
As you have already read about CSC, what it does, and how CSC centers operate to provide government and non-government services. So if you want to start your Common Service Center i.e., CSC Digital Seva Kendra, you must know about the eligibility criteria, documents required, infrastructure & investment, etc. Let’s begin.
CSC Eligibility Criteria
While filling the application form to become CSC, an applicant should meet below-given eligibility criteria’s
- You should be a resident of the same gram panchayat where you want to set up CSC center.
- Your age must be minimum of 18 years
- Knowledge of basic computer and its operations
- You should be able to read and write fluently in your local language, which will help provide better service to citizens.
List of Documents Required for CSC
- Identity Proof
- Address Proof
- Bank Details (Active Bank Account)
- Bank Passbook/Canceled Cheque
- PAN Card
Infrastructure & Computer Requirements for Common Service Center (CSC)
To set up a CSC center in your gram panchayat, you should have below given things at your place to successfully run a CSC center in terms of infrastructure. Here is the list
- Publicly available space to serve people with safety
- Minimum 128GB Hard Disk Drive
- Computer must have CD/DVD Drive
- Licensed Operating System (For example – Microsoft Windows XP or higher like Windows 7, 8, 10)
- Instant Power Backup – UPS
- Battery Backup of at least 4 hours or Portable Genset
- Black Printer or Color Printer
- Digital Camera or Web Camera
- Scanner to scan documents
- Internet Connection with minimum 128kbps speed for safe browsing & uploading data.
Steps by Step Process to Register as a CSC in June 2020
To begin with the registration process you must meet eligibility criteria, list of documents and basic infrastructure requirements along with the computer system need to run a CSC center in your village area as a VLE (Village Level Entrepreneur).
- Open CSC Official website – csc.gov.in
- Click on CSC Registration as highlighted in below image
- Now you are on https://register.csc.gov.in Hit on Click here to Register under VLE Registration
- You are at https://register.csc.gov.in/register Choose CSC VLE& enter your mobile number, email ID and validate it
- Put your name, date of birth, gender, and select authentication type and fill Captcha Text and click on Submit button.
- Now fill all required details in different stages of the detailed application form (personal details, upload your photo, location details- latitude and longitude using a map, banking details, your address information etc.) and read terms & conditions carefully.
- Review all details you have filled till now and click on the Submit button to register. After this, you will get an Application form reference ID. Save it for your future usage during the application process.
- After completing all these 7 steps, you will get an acknowledgment mail on your registered email.
- Last but not the least in CSC Registration process, you need to print the application form copy received on mail and submit it to District Manager of CSC nearest to you with self-attested copies of your documents(passbook/canceled cheque, pan card, id proof, photo, address proof)
This process takes a month or two when reviewing your CSC registration application form then, you get to use your digital seva portal to offer services to common people.
CSC New Registration Update June 2020: Currently, CSC Digital Seva portal does not accept applications for new common service centers. Because the allowed number of CSC VLE in all gram-panchayats has already reached saturation point, in case of new registrations are open, we will let you know.
Check CSC Registration Application Status
Once you are done with the registration process, now you can check the status. We have put together a list of steps to check your CSC application form status.
- You need to visit https://register.csc.gov.in/register/status
- Enter the Application Reference Number that you have received on your mail after the successful completion of the registration process. Fill the Captcha and click on SUBMIT button
- Now you will see your Application status
If your application is accepted please check your CSC Digital Seva Portal login credentials by clicking on My Account section as given in the below image.
CSC DIGITAL SEVA PORTAL ALL CONNECT LINK
Link to Website
|CSC AYUSHMAN BHARAT PORTAL LOGIN||Visit Website|
|CSC BANKING PORTAL LOGIN||Visit Website|
|CSC DIGITAL SEVA PORTAL LOGIN||Visit Website|
|CSC DISTRICT MANAGER CONTACT LIST||Visit Website|
|CSC ECONOMIC CENSUS PORTAL LOGIN||Visit Website|
|CSC IRCTC TICKET BOOKING||Visit Website|
|CSC LOCATOR||Visit Website|
|CSC NEW VLE CERTIFICATE DOWNLOAD||Visit Website|
|CSC PROFILE UPDATE||Visit Website|
|CSC VOTER ID CARD PRINT SERVICE REGISTRATION||Visit Website|
|INSURANCE SERVICE WITHOUT RAP PASS REGISTER||Visit Website|
|PM KISAN EDIT AADHAAR CARD DETAILS||Visit Website|
CSC Digital Seva Portal Login Process
Congratulations!! If you have got your CSC login id and password on your registered mail ID. Now we will let you know, how you can actually login on Digital Seva Portal and start your common service center.
- Visit https://digitalseva.csc.gov.in
- Click on Login
- Now enter your username of email id and password and click on Sign In
- You will get your Dashboard of CSC Digital Seva Portal
Now you use it to offer various e-governance services to common citizens.
How Digital Seva Portal Functions?
After a successful sign-in, you can do mobile recharge, fill the online application form for birth & death certificates, and much more as given in the Digital Seva portal dashboard. You will charge the amount from citizens to offer services. Let’s take an example to make you understand how it works.
You want to do mobile recharge for a customer using your digital seva dashboard; there is a wallet system that you need to get recharged. When you will do mobile recharge, the amount will be deducted from your wallet, leaving your commission there as it is, and you will get the whole amount from the customer.
Let’s say you have filled a birth certificate application form for a customer. The amount will be deducted from the wallet, and you will receive money from thecustomer.
Frequently Asked Questions about CSC Digital Seva Portal
Q: What is a CSC Center?
A: CSC stands for Common Service Center. It is a place where a VLE operates and provides services to people given under the digital seva portal.
Q: What is the use of digital Seva?
A: Digital Seva is used to provide e-governance, business, and other services to people of India using 2.5 lakh CSC centres of digital seva spread across India. These services include financial, e-district, banking, insurance, training services.
Q: Who is a VLE?
A: Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE) is a person who provides services at a common service center to common people under Digital India Mission. He uses Digital Seva Portal to login and does processes.
Q: Can digital seva?
A: CSC Digital Seva is an initiative launched by the government of india to provide e-governance services to the common people of India. It provides e-governance services and paves a way to get non-government services in rural and remote areas like booking bus, air and travel tickets, recharges, insurance, micro banking services.
Q: What is VLE full form?
A: VLE stands for Village Level Entrepreneur.
Q: How do I get my digital Seva ID and password?
A: To get a digital seva id and password, you need to register yourself on csc.gov.in. If you want to register yourself, follow the registration process given above on this page.
Q: How do I log into my digital Seva Portal?
A: You should have digital seva portal login id and password to log in. Follow these steps given above on this page to check the levels of the login process.
Q: How much can I earn at CSC?
A: There are hundreds of services offered under the Digital Seva portal, which you can sell to common people and earn money. So when it comes to earning, it varies and upto you how to run a CSC and get more customers daily.
Q: What is the benefit of CSC Center?
A: There are a lot of benefits fo putting common service centers at a place by the government. It employs at the village level to more than 2.5 lakh people. Easy to avail e-governance services at one place by citizens and promotion of new government schemes using them.
CSC centers play a vital role between the government and its citizens in providing services to the grass-root level.
Q: How do I check status of CSC New Registration?
A: Using Application Reference Number you can check the status. Follow the steps given above to check it.
Q: What is CSC Application Reference Number or Registration ID?
A: When you will fill the application form for the new CSC Digital Seva Center on the website. You can get an Application Reference Number to track the status of your application. You receive it on your registered email id after completion of the registration process.
Q: How to Contact CSC Customer Care Number?
A: If you want to get help from CSC Digital Seva team, you can call them on Toll-Free No – 1800 121 3468 or mail them email@example.com Also, Phone : – 011-24301349. CSC Helpdesk No. 180030003468. Working Hours: 10am – 1pm & 2pm – 6pm. VLEs can register their complaint at helpdesk.csc.gov.
Q: What is CSC Digital Seva Wallet?
A: It is an electronic wallet to save your money to pay for different services on behalf of customers. You need to recharge wallet from CSC team and get amount for services from customers.
Q: How much Fee is charged to register as CSC Digital Seva?
A: It’s FREE, you don’t need to pay a single rupee to become a CSC owner.
Q: What is the full form of CSC?
A: Full form of CSC is Common Service Center